Login + GO

Sample Fundraising Messages

Fundraise fast by using one or more of our sample messages below. Don't forget to personalize the message with your own information before sending.  

Cut and paste using your own email program or send these messages easily right from your Participant Center. Log in now to start sending email through your Participant Center.

Sample Fundraising Messages
Fundraising from an individual participant
Fundraising from a Sleep In for the Cure® participant
Fundraising from a Kids for the Cure® participant
Fundraising from a team
Fundraising from a volunteer
Fundraising to a business/organization
Follow-Up Letter
Matching Gift Reminder
Thank You Letter

Team Captain Letters

Team Encouragement – from a Team Captain
Join My Team - from a Team Captain

From an individual participant

I’m doing more than just walking or running in this year’s Susan G. Komen Washington, D.C. Race for the Cure.

I’m fundraising because the Washington, D.C. Metro Area still has one of the highest breast cancer mortality rates in the nation. And I believe that where you live should not determine whether you live.

I’m also raising funds because [INSERT YOUR PERSONAL CONNECTION TO THE CAUSE].

I’ve set my personal goal at $[INSERT GOAL AMOUNT], and I’m asking for your help to reach my goal. You can give online, safely and securely, at KomenDCRacefortheCure.org > Donate > Find a Participant/Team.

Up to 75 percent of the Komen Washington, D.C. Race for the Cure’s net income stays in the Washington, D.C. Metropolitan Area to fund breast cancer screening, treatment and education programs through the National Capital Region Grant Program. The remaining 25 percent will go to fund national research programs. 

Thank you. Your generosity saves lives!

Sincerely,
[Name]

P.S. Ask your employer if they will double your donation through a matching gift program!


From a Sleep In for the Cure® participant

Dear [Your family member’s/friend’s name],

I registered as a Sleep In for the Cure® participant in the Susan G. Komen Washington, D.C. Race for the Cure!

While tens of thousands of people are running and walking five kilometers around the National Mall in the early morning of May 7, I’ll be sleeping in, but I will also be doing my part in the movement to end breast cancer forever.

I am fundraising and making as much of an impact as possible because the Washington, D.C. Metro Area still has one of the highest breast cancer mortality rates in the nation. And I believe that where you live should not determine whether you live.

I’ve set my personal goal at $[INSERT GOAL AMOUNT], and I need your help. You can give online, safely and securely, at KomenDCRacefortheCure.org > Donate > Find a Participant/Team.

Up to 75 percent of the Komen Washington, D.C. Race for the Cure’s net income stays in the Washington, D.C. Metropolitan Area to fund breast cancer screening, treatment and education programs through the National Capital Region Grant Program. The remaining 25 percent will go to fund national research programs. 

Thank you. Your generosity saves lives!

Sincerely,
[Name]

P.S. Ask your employer if they will double your donation through a matching gift program!


From a Kids for the Cure® participant

Hi [Your friend or family member’s name],

On May 7, I’m participating in the Susan G. Komen Washington, D.C. Race for the Cure. I decided to do the Race so I could help end breast cancer here in the Washington, D.C. area and around the world.

Who says you have to be a grown up to make a difference? Just because I’m young doesn’t mean I can’t make a big impact. 

I’m writing to ask you to support me with a donation and to help me reach my fundraising goal of [ENTER GOAL HERE]. Every dollar will make a difference.

All you have to do is go to KomenDCRacefortheCure.org > Donate > Find a Participant/Team, then search for my name and make a donation. 

It only takes a few minutes and will make a big impact.

Thanks for your help!
[Type your name here]


From a Team

Teams from every part of the Washington, D.C. area and around the world will gather on May 7 for the Susan G. Komen Washington, D.C. Race for the Cure. 

I’ve joined/formed [TEAM NAME] in honor/memory/support of [describe your personal connection to the cause]. 

Our team is fundraising because the Washington, D.C. Metro Area still has one of the highest breast cancer mortality rates in the nation. We know you share our belief that where you live should not determine whether you live.

With your donation, we hope to raise at least [INSERT TEAM GOAL $ amount] to get us closer to the cures for breast cancer and to provide life-saving breast health services for women here in the Metro Area. 

I’m asking for your help to get us to our goal. You can give online, safely and securely, at KomenDCRacefortheCure.org > Donate > Find a Participant/Team.

Up to 75 percent of the Komen Washington, D.C. Race for the Cure’s net income stays in the Washington, D.C. Metropolitan Area to fund breast cancer screening, treatment and education programs through the National Capital Region Grant Program. The remaining 25 percent will go to fund national research programs. 

Thank you for supporting me and my team in our efforts to make an impact.

Sincerely,
[Name]

P.S. Don’t forget to ask your employer if they provide matching gifts for your donation.

 

From a Volunteer

 

On May 7, I’ll work as a volunteer for the Susan G. Komen Washington, D.C. Race for the Cure because [INSERT YOUR PERSONAL CONNECTION TO THE CAUSE].

Washington, D.C. has one of the highest breast cancer mortality rates in the nation. I know you share my belief that where you live should not determine whether you live.

Though I’m volunteering my time, I also plan to make a big impact through fundraising. My goal is to raise [$AMOUNT] in donations. Would you please consider making a fully tax-deductible donation of [$amount]? 

You can give online safely and securely at KomenDCRacefortheCure.org > Donate > Find a Participant/Team. 

Up to 75 percent of the Komen Washington, D.C. Race for the Cure’s net income stays in the Washington, D.C. Metropolitan Area to fund breast cancer screening, treatment and education programs through the National Capital Region Grant Program. The remaining 25 percent will go to fund national research programs. 

Thank you in advance for your generosity!

All my best,
[Name]

P.S. Ask your employer if they will double your donation through a matching gift program!

 

To a Business/Organization

On Saturday, May 7, Mother’s Day weekend, thousands of people from around the world and from every neighborhood in the Washington, D.C. Metro Area will gather at the National Mall for the Susan G. Komen Washington, D.C. Race for the Cure.

We’re coming together to make an impact on breast cancer. I’m fundraising because Washington, D.C. has one of the highest breast cancer mortality rates in the country. 

As a frequent customer of [COMPANY NAME], I would appreciate any support that you can provide. 

To provide life-saving breast health services to women here in the National Capital Region, I am asking for your donation. 

You can give online, safely and securely, at KomenDCRacefortheCure.org > Donate > Find a Participant/Team.

Unfortunately, breast cancer has become an all too common occurrence among women and men right here in our local community. Now is the time to take action to help end this disease. The more funds that I raise, the sooner we can end this fight. I’m hoping that [COMPANY NAME] will join me in this mission. 

Up to 75 percent of the Komen Washington, D.C. Race for the Cure’s net income stays in the Washington, D.C. Metropolitan Area to fund breast cancer screening, treatment and education programs through the National Capital Region Grant Program. The remaining 25 percent will go to fund national research programs. 

More information about the Komen Washington, D.C. Race for the Cure can be found at KomenDCRacefortheCure.org. I can be reached at [phone number] or by email [email]. By supporting me and the Komen Washington, D.C. Race for the Cure, [company name] will ultimately help put an end to breast cancer.

Thank you for your support and consideration.

Sincerely,

[Name]

 

Follow-up Letter

I wanted to follow-up on the email I sent you earlier about my participation in the Susan G. Komen Washington, D.C. Race for the Cure.

There is still time for you to support my efforts with a donation!

As you know, I’m participating in this year’s Race because [INSERT YOUR PERSONAL CONNECTION TO THE CAUSE]. 

You can make an impact now and help me reach my fundraising goal with a donation. Donate online, safely and securely, at KomenDCRacefortheCure.org > Donate > Find a Participant/Team.

You can help provide life-saving breast health services to women right here in the National Capital Region. Washington, D.C. has one of the highest breast cancer mortality rates in the country. 

Donate online safely and securely at KomenDCRacefortheCure.org > Donate > Find a Participant/Team.

Thank you for your support.

Sincerely,

[Name]

P.S. Every minute—about the time it took you to read this message—somewhere in the world, someone dies from breast cancer. You can help change that by making a donation online, safely and securely, at KomenDCRacefortheCure.org > Donate > Find a Participant/Team.

Matching Gift Reminder

Dear [NAME],

Thank you again for supporting my fundraising efforts for the Susan G. Komen Washington, D.C. Race for the Cure. Your generosity is greatly appreciated. While you’ve already made a difference through your donation, I wanted to let you know how you can amplify your impact by applying for a matching gift.

What is a Matching Gift?
Many companies (both large and small) offer employee matching gift programs. This means that when an employee makes a donation to a non-profit organization, the corporation will "match" that donation with an equal (or greater) amount to the same organization. You may work for a company with a matching gift program that can double (or triple) the impact of your donation!

How to Get Started
To make a matching gift, you can use our search tool to look up the name of the company who will be doing the matching. Cut and paste this address into your web browser: http://komendcrace.info-komen.org/site/PageServer?pagename=KGR_2016_TR_matching

If your company is in our database, select it and you will see the specific instructions for the matching gifts process. If you do not see the name of your company listed in our search tool, select the "new company" link and fill out the web form to request your company be added to the list. You will be contacted via email to confirm whether your company does or does not match for the Komen Washington, D.C. Race for the Cure.

Questions? 
Visit this page for more help:
http://komendcrace.info-komen.org/site/PageServer?pagename=KGR_2016_TR_matching_instructions

Thank you again for your donation to the Komen Washington, D.C. Race for the Cure. We appreciate your support of the fight to end breast cancer.

Sincerely,

[Name]

 

Thank You Letter

Thank you for supporting my participation in the Susan G. Komen Washington, D.C. Race for the Cure. Your donation will directly benefit women living in the National Capital Region. 
 
So far I’ve raised [$amount]. Only [$amount] more until I reach my goal! All of this is possible because of your generosity. 

Here are a few important breast health facts to keep in mind:

  • One in eight women in the U.S. will be diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime.
  • One case of breast cancer is diagnosed among women every two minutes in the U.S.
  • Each year it is estimated that nearly 40,000 women and more than 400 men will die of breast cancer in the U.S. 
  • Early detection and effective treatment for breast cancer have resulted in a 34 percent decline in breast cancer mortality in the U.S. since 1990.
  • Five-year survival rates for early stage cancers now average 99 percent (versus 74 percent when Komen started in 1982). 
  • There are more than 3 million breast cancer survivors in the U.S. today, the largest group of cancer survivors in the U.S.
I would also like to share with you the following information about how your donation supports breast health in the National Capital Region. Susan G. Komen® believes that every woman deserves equal access to quality breast health services no matter where she lives. Your donation will be working to reduce the rates of late-stage diagnosis and mortality in the National Capital Region. Despite increased awareness about the disease, women diagnosed with breast cancer in the National Capital Region are still more likely to die from the disease than the national average.

Your donation to Susan G. Komen directly benefits women living in our community by providing breast cancer health education, breast cancer screening and access to life-saving treatment programs. In short, your donation saves lives.

Thank you again.

Sincerely,

[Name]

 

Team Captain Letters

Team Encouragement from a team captain

Together we’ve raised [$amount] so far. Please keep up the good work! Our efforts will benefit Susan G. Komen® and the movement to end breast cancer forever.

[Insert details of upcoming team meetings or fundraising events.]

Please use your Participant Center to email your friends, family and co-workers to ask for donations or recruit new members. Please don’t forget to follow up with the people who have not yet responded to your request for a donation, and send a thank you note to those who have made donations on your behalf.

Here are some great breast health facts you can use in your messages to potential donors: 

  • One in eight women in the U.S. will be diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime.
  • One case of breast cancer is diagnosed among women every two minutes in the U.S.
  • Each year it is estimated that nearly 40,000 women and more than 400 men will die of breast cancer in the U.S. 
  • Early detection and effective treatment for breast cancer have resulted in a 34 percent decline in breast cancer mortality in the U.S. since 1990.
  • Five-year survival rates for early stage cancers now average 99 percent (versus 74 percent when Komen started in 1982). 
  • There are more than 3 million breast cancer survivors in the U.S. today, the largest group of cancer survivors in the U.S.
I would also like to share with you the following information about how your fundraising supports breast health in the National Capital Region. Susan G. Komen believes that every woman deserves equal access to quality breast health services no matter where she lives. Your donation will be working to reduce the rates of late-stage diagnosis and mortality in the National Capital Region. Despite increased awareness about the disease, women diagnosed with breast cancer in the National Capital Region are still more likely to die from the disease than the national average.

Your fundraising on behalf of Komen directly benefits women living in the National Capital Region by providing breast cancer health education, breast cancer screening and access to life-saving treatment programs. In short, your fundraising saves lives.

Let’s not let up! I know you can do it, and I want to help us all get there together. Let’s do our part to end breast cancer forever.

Sincerely,
[Name]

P.S. Remember – there are fundraising rewards in our future if we meet our goals!


Join My Team - from a Team Captain

I started a team for this year’s Susan G. Komen Washington, D.C. Race for the Cure on Saturday, May 7. The name of my team is [TEAM NAME]. I started this team to [PERSONAL REASON / CONNECTION TO BREAST CANCER]. 

I’d love for you to be a part of [TEAM NAME]. And joining us is easy! Go to KomenDCRacefortheCure.org > REGISTER and choose “Join a Team.”

I started a team because it is the best way to experience one of the best Races in the area. 

On Race Day, it’s a powerful sight when teams from every neighborhood in the Metro area gather before the start on the National Mall. It makes you believe that together we can do anything.

Will you join [TEAM NAME]? We’ll have a great time while we make an impact on breast cancer in the National Capital Region.

Thanks and let me know if you have any questions.

[YOUR NAME]

P.S. It will take you just a few minutes to join [TEAM NAME]. Go to KomenDCRacefortheCure.org > REGISTER and choose “Join a Team.”

 

 



komen.org | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use


PO Box 952291 | Dallas, TX 75395-2291
Phone: 703-416-7223
Email: info@komendcraceforthecure.org