Login + GO
Susan G. Komen Washington, D.C. Race for the Cure

About the Susan G. Komen Washington, D.C. Race for the Cure®

You can walk, jog or run the iconic route at your own pace with as many of your friends and family members as you like—the more the merrier! There’s nothing quite like our well-marked, spacious and scenic 5K route through the National Mall full of people who share a common cause of ending breast cancer. It’s fun, celebratory and truly inspirational. Online registration for the 2017 Susan G. Komen Washington, D.C. Race for the Cure® will open in the fall.

Susan G. Komen's service in the National Capital Region is the local source for funding programs that provide breast health services, breast cancer education and outreach in Washington, D.C. and surrounding county service areas.

We empower the residents in our service area with information about the importance of early detection and breast health. We donate 75 percent of net funds raised to vital local breast health services, and dedicate the remaining 25 percent to Komen's research programs to find the cures. In April, 2016, Komen announced over $1 million in new community grants to eight breast cancer organizations serving the National Capital Region.

Since its inception in 1990, funds raised from the Susan G. Komen Washington, D.C. Race for the Cure and other events have provided more than $36 million for over 300 community grants to support local programs in the National Capital Region. These grants are dedicated to reaching low-income, minority and uninsured women in areas where breast cancer rates are highest. Additionally, more than $44 million has been invested in over 152 grants to breast cancer researchers at institutions in the National Capital Region.

To reach our goal we rely on every participant to do their part and fundraise for the cures.

About Susan G. Komen®
Susan G. Komen is the world’s largest breast cancer organization, funding more breast cancer research than any other nonprofit while providing real-time help to those facing the disease. Since its founding in 1982, Komen has funded more than $889 million in research and provided $1.95 billion in funding to screening, education, treatment and psychosocial support programs serving millions of people in more than 30 countries worldwide. Komen was founded by Nancy G. Brinker, who promised her sister, Susan G. Komen, that she would end the disease that claimed Suzy’s life. For more information about Komen, breast health or breast cancer, visit komen.org or call 1-877 GO KOMEN.

Sign Up for Email Alerts
Survivor Stories
Other Komen Events
Our Sponsors
Contact Us
ShopKomen.com®

komen.org | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use


PO Box 952291 | Dallas, TX 75395-2291
Phone: 703-416-7223
Email: info@komendcraceforthecure.org