Thank you for your interest in volunteering for the 2012 Susan G. Komen Global Race for the Cure™.
The success of the Komen Global Race for the Cure depends heavily on the support we receive from more than a thousand volunteers in the months leading up to the Race and on Race Day. There are many ways you can get involved. If you are interested in helping at an outreach event in the weeks leading up to the Race, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Who Can Volunteer?
Enthusiastic, hard-working and reliable individuals, who are willing to contribute to the success of the Komen Global Race.
Volunteers must adhere to the qualifications outlined below:
Volunteers 10 - 15 years of age may volunteer with a parent or guardian (over the age of 18) or as part of an organized group activity.
- Individual volunteers must be 16 years of age or older on or before the date of volunteering.
- All volunteers under the age of 18 must have a Volunteer Agreement and Release of Liability Form signed by the parent or guardian. Waiver must be signed by the parent or guardian, not the group leader.
- Minors aged 16 to 18 years: minor/adult ratio of 10 to 1
- Minors aged 10 to 15 years: minor/adult ratio of 5 to 1
Volunteer opportunities will include (but are not limited to):
- Late Registration and Event Kit Pick-Up: Support walkers and runners that still need to register for the event as well as provide pre-registrants with their bib numbers, T-Shirts, etc.
- Pre-Race Site Set-Up on the National Mall: Heavy lifters needed to assist Race staff with the set up of the Race site and route.
- Information Services: Staff various information station locations on the Race site.
- I AM THE CURE®. Outreach Fair: Support Komen Global Race sponsors and vendors in the post-Race area.
- Green Team: Support the Race’s sustainability efforts by leading the recycling program on the Race site.
- Start Areas: Assist the Race staff with creating smooth Race starts for runners and walkers at their respective Start Lines.
- Course Marshals: Assist Race participants on the route at intersections or other areas that need flow support to ensure safety.
Please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com with any questions.