Thank you for your interest in volunteering for the 2015 Susan G. Komen Washington, D.C. Race for the Cure®.
It’s fun. It’s rewarding. And you’ll meet some truly incredible people. The success of the Komen Washington, D.C. Race for the Cure depends heavily on the support we receive from more than a thousand volunteers in the months leading up to the Race and on Race Day.
There are many ways you can get involved. We are looking for a few good volunteers (like you!) to assist at a variety of events leading up to the Race as well as hundreds of volunteers to support the Race on May 9.
Don't have a lot of time? No problem, most pre-race volunteer activities only last 2 to 5 hours!
Who Can Volunteer?
Fun-loving, enthusiastic, hard-working and reliable individuals, who are willing to contribute to the success of the Komen Washington, D.C. Race for the Cure. Race Day volunteers must adhere to the age qualifications outlined below.
- Volunteers 10–15 years of age may volunteer with a parent or guardian (over the age of 18) or as part of an organized group activity.
- Individual volunteers must be 16 years of age or older on or before the date of volunteering.
- All volunteers under the age of 18 must have a Volunteer Agreement and Release of Liability Form signed by the parent or guardian. Waiver must be signed by the parent or guardian, not the group leader.
- Minors aged 16 to 18 years: minor/adult ratio of 10 to 1
- Minors aged 10 to 15 years: minor/adult ratio of 5 to 1
Register for Pre-Race or Race Day Volunteer Opportunities
Please contact our Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.